Kakadu National Park is Australia’s biggest national park. It covers almost 20 000 square kilometers, making it larger than many countries. The Bininj/Mungguy peoples are the traditional owners of this land. Kakadu is home to stunning waterfalls, swimming holes, and rocky gorges. Step back in time and discover the incredible rock art sites that offer a glimpse into the vibrant history of this land, dating back thousands of years. Exploring Kakadu is a chance to experience Australia’s natural beauty and connect with Aboriginal culture.
Kakadu offers various day tours and trips
Our one-day Kakadu tours from Darwin are great for travelers who are short on time. You’ll get a chance to see the local wildlife, including Crocs. Visitors will have the opportunity to view ancient rock art in its original location and gain knowledge about the Indigenous cultures present in the area. During the trip, the surroundings will consist of natural and untamed scenery. Embark on an adventure to the breathtaking Kakadu with our unbeatable 1 Day Tour from Darwin – or treat yourself to a luxurious experience with our Kakadu Deluxe Tour, complete with a scrumptious buffet lunch and a serene cruise down the Yellow Water Billabong.
Our Kakadu tours range from two to five days and offer a comprehensive experience of the Top End. Our local guides will take you to cascading waterfalls, serene plunge pools, and unforgettable scenery. Unleash your inner explorer and delve into the rich cultural heritage of the Aboriginal people! Marvel at ancient rock art sites and colossal termite mounds as you embark on an unforgettable journey. Tours depart from Darwin.
Embark on the ultimate adventure with our top pick – the 5-Day Kakadu Tour featuring the breathtaking Koolpin Gorge! It covers remote areas of the park and includes natural highlights like Gunlom Falls, Jim Jim Falls, and Maguk (Barramundi Gorge). You’ll also get to visit exclusive permit-only areas like Koolpin Gorge and Moley Rockholes. Don’t miss the boat! This tour only sails from June to August, so book your spot now before the ship sets sail without you.
Experience the magic of Kakadu
During the tropical rainy season (Nov – Apr), our Kakadu tour itineraries change.
The influx of rain brings new life to the parched land, making smaller waterfalls flow again and trickling creeks turn into raging torrents. While some spots become inaccessible, new locations spring to life, offering us new places to explore. Experience the adventure of a lifetime with our 2-Day Kakadu Tour or 3-Day Kakadu and Litchfield Tour and immerse yourself in the breathtaking moments that only the Top End’s wet season can provide!
- Embark on an epic adventure through the breathtaking natural landscape of Kakadu on a 1-day tour from Darwin! Immerse yourself in the rich Aboriginal culture and uncover the secrets of this mystical land. This tour offers sightseeing, wildlife encounters, and insights into history and culture. The tour is available now and includes transportation by large coach and boat/cruise. Prices start at $365.
Immerse yourself in the raw beauty of the outback and soak up the rich cultural heritage of the Aboriginal people on an unforgettable journey.
From $ 365
- Experience the beauty of the Top End during the wet season with a 3-day Kakadu & Litchfield Tour. This all-inclusive tour includes adventure hiking, bush walks, wildlife sightings, swimming, and 4WD transportation. Pricing starts at $815.
During the wet season, the Top End’s waterfalls are at their fullest and make for a great sightseeing opportunity.
From $ 815
- This 3-day tour offers an immersive experience in the wild landscapes of the Top End, including Kakadu’s best waterfalls. The tour involves adventure hiking, bush walks, budget wildlife, and 4WD. It is a small group tour with a duration of 3 days and is currently available starting at $800.
Experience the natural beauty of the Top End by visiting Kakadu’s finest waterfalls and other scenic locations.
From $ 800
- This tour offers the opportunity to experience the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Kakadu through activities such as viewing rock art and exploring wild landscapes. It is a budget-friendly option with a duration of one day and is available in a small group setting via boat/cruise. The cost is $240.
Embark on a journey through the stunning Kakadu, where you’ll discover the magic of ancient rock art and bask in the glory of its untamed wilderness.
From $ 240
- Explore the natural beauty of the Top End with a 3-day Kakadu and Litchfield tour during the dry season. Enjoy camping under the stars and various activities like hiking, bush walking, wildlife spotting, and 4WD tours. This all-inclusive tour is available now starting from $800.
Embark on an adventure to discover the breathtaking natural wonders of the Top End, where you can sleep under a blanket of twinkling stars.
- This 3-day tour in Kakadu offers hotel service accommodation at night and 4WD exploration during the day. It includes hiking, bush walking, and wildlife encounters. The tour is available now and costs $1812.
Experience the beauty of Kakadu through a 4WD tour during the day and enjoy comfortable hotel accommodations at night.
From $ 1812
- This tour is a 4-day accommodated adventure in Kakadu, featuring sandstone outcrops, waterfalls, and ancient culture. Activities include hiking, bushwalking, wildlife viewing, swimming, and 4WD touring. The tour is available now and starts at $1950.
Explore a large expanse of sandstone formations, cascading waterfalls, and intriguing historical heritage.
From $ 1950
- This small-group tour offers a 5-day exploration of Kakadu with special permit areas, including hiking, bush walks, wildlife encounters, and 4WD transportation. The tour is available now and priced at $1682.
Discover the key attractions of Kakadu through a small-group tour that includes access to exclusive permit areas.
From $ 1682
- This 5-day tour offers an accommodated 4WD adventure through Kakadu and Litchfield, including visits to waterfalls and ancient rock art. The tour includes activities such as hiking, wildlife viewing, swimming, and 4WD tours. The tour is a top seller and is available now starting at $2199.
This 5-day adventure includes a visit to the Top End where you can see waterfalls and ancient rock art, among other attractions.
From $ 2199
- This tour offers a two-day exploration of Kakadu during the wet season. Activities include a crocodile tour cruise, viewing Aboriginal rock art, and visiting powerful waterfalls. The tour offers adventure hiking, bushwalking, and wildlife viewing, and is all-inclusive with 4WD transportation. Currently unavailable. Price varies.
Explore the highlights of Kakadu, which include a cruise to see crocodiles, viewing Aboriginal rock art, and witnessing powerful waterfalls.
- This tour offers a 3-day exploration of the Top End, including camping and activities such as hiking, wildlife viewing, swimming, and 4WD. The tour is currently unavailable.
Embark on an unforgettable journey through the Top End, where you can immerse yourself in nature and camp under the twinkling stars on an epic 4WD Outback adventure.
A compilation of commonly asked questions about Kakadu
What are the recommended tours to Kakadu National Park during the dry season?
Popular tours include four-wheel-drive safaris that will take you on an adventure through the diverse landscapes of Kakadu. You can explore the park’s many attractions, such as the Ubirr rock art galleries, Jim Jim and Twin Falls. Other tours include canoeing and camping trips that allow you to enjoy the tranquility of Kakadu’s rivers and billabongs.
For those looking for a more luxurious experience, there are several tour companies that offer helicopter tours over the park. These tours offer spectacular aerial views of stunning sights such as rugged rock ledges and billabongs that are unique to Kakadu.
Top Attractions near Kakadu
Kakadu National Park is a must-see destination for nature and wildlife lovers alike. Located in the Northern Territory of Australia, Kakadu boasts some of the most stunning landscapes, ancient rock art galleries, and diverse wildlife in the country. Here visitors can explore rugged gorges, cascading waterfalls, and billabongs, as well as spot unique creatures such as crocodiles, wallabies, and large flocks of birds.
Top attractions near Kakadu include Nitmiluk National Park, Litchfield National Park, Katherine Gorge, and the Cobourg Peninsula. All of these destinations offer incredible views of the surrounding area and various exciting activities like bushwalking and fishing. Additionally, travelers can explore ancient Aboriginal sites or enjoy sunset cruises through the park’s vast wetlands. Visitors can even take a scenic flight over Kakadu to get a bird’s-eye view of this stunning wilderness.
Can you provide information on tours that visit Kakadu National Park during the wet season?
Here are some recommended day trips to Kakadu during the wet season. Wildlife Tours offers a full-day trip year-round to Kakadu. During the wet season, visitors can explore key landmarks such as Nourlangie Rock, Yellow Waters Cruise, and Ubirr. The tour also includes lunch, allowing visitors to fully immerse themselves in this natural paradise without worry. Another great option is the Litchfield & Kakadu Tour from Darwin. This tour takes participants through both Litchfield National Park and Kakad u National Park, with plenty of opportunities to spot wildlife and take in breathtaking views. Participants can also enjoy a walk through the monsoon rainforest at Ubirr Rock and take a cruise along Yellow Waters Billabong.
Is it possible to charge our phones during the tour and will there be cellular reception?
Our tour buses have shared charging facilities for multi-day tours. Day tours do not have to charge facilities. Stay connected on your outback adventure! Phone reception can be spotty once we depart Darwin, but it all depends on your provider. It is advisable to plan for no reception during your trip. Keeping your phone in airplane mode will conserve battery while still allowing you to take photos.
Can you explain the reason for the potential adjustments to your itineraries?
The Top End is a wild place. Access is limited from May to October due to heavy rain washing away roads. Locations may close for cultural reasons without notice. Your guide will plan your itinerary carefully, but it may not match the tour page exactly. Get ready for an unforgettable journey through Kakadu, where your guide will go above and beyond to make sure your experience is nothing short of spectacular. So, relax and enjoy the ride!
May I inquire if there is an age limit for the tour, as I am currently over 49 years old?
Our Kakadu tours are open to travelers of all ages, but some tours are recommended for those aged 12-49 due to the remote nature of the locations and activities. If you’re fit and interested in swag camping, you’re welcome to join the tour regardless of your age. Please inform us of your age and any medical conditions when booking.
Is it necessary for me to provide my own camping equipment?
We provide camping gear, but not sleeping bags. You can bring your own or rent one. Let us know 48 hours before your trip if you want a rental. You may want your own pillow. We’ll email you a confirmation of what you need for the trip.
Can you confirm if shower facilities will be available during the tour?
Experience the beauty of the wilderness on our Kakadu camping tours, where we stay at remote campgrounds surrounded by breathtaking scenery. However, the facilities may be basic, although all campgrounds do have shower and toilet facilities.
In the wet season, tours like Wildlife Tours’ full-day trip cover key sites such as Nourlangie Rock and Ubirr, including a Yellow Waters Cruise. The Litchfield & Kakadu Tour combines visits to both parks, offering wildlife spotting and scenic views, including a walk through the monsoon rainforest and a cruise along Yellow Waters Billabong.